That's What She Said....

Thursday, July 13, 2006

7 Weeks Later

Has it really been this long since I last updated my blog? I know that many of you have been eagerly checking it every day with great anticipation and bated breath- and for that I apologise sincerely for the disappointment that I probably caused you. I wish I had a valid reason as to why I haven't posted anything in a while. I suppose that when taken out of an environment where I am surrounded by wit and intelligence, ideas just don't come as freely. Plus I am without my most valuable resources for material, namely Jon Wayman and Phil Poots. So what has been happening? Well I returned home to Sunderland at the beginning of June, and had a few weeks to relax before starting work. I am now four weeks into my summer placement at the Rohm & Haas Tyneside works in Jarrow. Here are a few of the most significant things that have taken place so far this summer:
  • On returning home I was delighted to find my old electric razor which I had previously thought was broken but is now working for some reason. It is one of those Phillips coolskin ones which emits 'goo' from the top, so I have enjoyed shaving in the shower whenever I need to without getting unbearable razor-burn. I also received a few skin care products for my birthday, so I'm keeping myself pretty gorgeous at the moment.
  • The World Cup- although to be honest I was a touch disappointed. I suppose if you go by previous years and tournaments there was nothing to suggest that we should have expected something incredibly special this year- I really feel as though International football has not been at its best over the last decade. There were some positives coming out of it though- the biggest in my opinion being the demise of David Beckham, and the realisation by most that he does not deserve to be an automatic starter for England. It was also nice to see Owen Hargreaves do well for himself, as well as Aaron Lennon. I also feel that Christiano Ronaldo's actions might actually have done Man Utd a favour- this way they can cash in on him by selling him off to Real Madrid and buy someone else who CAN deliver the end product.
  • I had the privilege of being awarded the James Forrester prize for Greek from the University of St. Andrews, so was given a little money for that. Haven't read a word of Greek for about 7 weeks, so should probably get on that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home